Friday 2 April 2010

Rage quit!

Not me!

Got to see it for myself first hand last night though, my newbie friend and me decided to run a lvl 4 last night... The assult, which has scram frigs in it.. Nasty little buggers that stop you warping out, I lost a few ships to them in the past!
Anyway as the mission got started and I after a few kills we had to warp out as the incoming was harsh so we bugged out, as I was waiting for my repper to do it's job I had a important phone call come in, my freind instead of waiting for me warped back... 10 mins later I come back and find he has logged, after losing his drake he decided to ask my Corp to boot me and blames me for the ships loss?
I tried to talk to him this morning on messenger about it and explain it was his idea to warp back without me, that people have been telling him his setup was wrong for a while which didn't help and that he was ignoring the main rule of warping out when you get 50% through your tank, he was waiting till armor to warp.
I have offered as a measure of help 30 mill to get him set back up but it seems the loss of the drake is something he won't let go...
Personaly I hope he does come back, but understanding when you lose a ship it's almost always your own fault.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

4 comments:

  1. I was in the public chat when all this happened. It's unfortunate to loose a ship and well some of the older toons are not so understanding of the loss when your new. They are right though at the end of the day it's just a Drake.

    As I mission in a drake and have lost a few. I can absouloutly tell you that it's a VERY bad idea to warp out when your in armor in a shiled tank drake. You blink on that particular LvL 4 in armor and your day is going to be a loss.

    We all foam at the mouth now and then and think our world is over. WHEN he comes around I'd be more than happy to donate some fit to the cause and some free heavy missiles to get him going again.

    Cheers

    EVE SOB

    ReplyDelete
  2. I haven't lost a missioning ship yet....plenty of close calls though. The only real reason for that is because I try to fly prepped for the mission and I will warp whenever I am in doubt rather than wait. The amount of warping lessened a lot after I had done a few level IVs.

    (I did lose a salvage Thrasher on Worlds Collide once - even though it was another toon that didn't have skills up at that time, COMPLETELY my fault)

    I mission in a passive Myrmidon - but from my understanding the basic idea is the same as the Drake. The recharge rate becomes very efficient at around 30-35% I believe, but until the shield dip back and forth becomes familiar, I say GTFO once that alarm sounds. The one time I milked it some, I was to half armor come warp.

    Losing a ship, any ship, ALWAYS sucks.....but is that alone enough to quit over??

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was inspired to write a post about this. Check it out:

    http://evesob.blogspot.com/2010/04/comical-rage.html

    Cheers

    EVE SOB

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not to be harsh, but if you throw a fit about loosing a ship, then maybe Eve isn't the game for you. The #1 rule in eve is: You're going to loose ships, the #2 rule in eve is: you're GOING to loose ships!

    I do, however, agree that loosing a ship, particularly one lovely as a drake, sucks though. I personally mitigate the suckage factor by never flying something I can't afford to loose. By that I mean, I don't fly anything that I can't afford to replace, and that includes all fittings... I learned this lesson the hard way by the way...

    I once lost 2 Myrms, and 2 Domi's in one day to a mission... all because I was being stupid and reckless and didn't read the mission briefing... I paid for it by having to go back to my thorax until I could buy a new Myrm and domi, which took a while.

    Hopefully this fellow will come back though, we can always use more ppl in the eve community

    ReplyDelete