Monday 25 January 2010

null sec here i come?

its been an odd few days in eve for me a few highs a few lows and some interesting tidbits of information a filtering through..
since i last posted i did quite a bit of mission running with a corp mate of mine who let me tag along on some lvl 4 missions for SOE (thank you sam i owe you), this had three pro's to it, first i now have almost enough loylty points for a sisters probe launcher which sells for about 50 mill!! big bucks to me, second my standings with them is now quite high, almost at lvl 4's on my own, third it netted me a boatload of isk in bounties.
Now picture the sceane im sitting with about 60-70 mill burning a hole in my wallett, thinking what shall i buy...i already have all the T2 mods i need (even if i cant fir them all yet) and its gonna be a long while before i can go higher than a battle cruiser...iknow ill buy a better battle cruiser..so went off and bought a harbinger and fitted it out ( 5x heavy particle beams and faction crystals, 2 T2 cap rechargers a tracking CPU AB, three aromor hardners a 1600mm plate a named armour repper and a emergency damage control) ..awsome i said to myself ..now i have 2 nice battle cruisers...i then toddled up to amaar space to rejoin sam in some lvl 4's, ignoring the warning of "this one can be a bit tricky astral, they use a lot of webs and scramblers" i jumped into the middle of about 8 Battle ships got scrambled and primaryed and watched my new pride and joy go pop. STUPID MISTAKE!!!! sam feeling sorry for me lent me enough to replace the ship and mods but the lesson stuck, i am a lot more careful with lvl 4s now if i even start to get primaryed i back off a bit and let some one that can handle it take the aggro, i am not able to tank lvl 4's yet.

also some interesting news has filtered down that we could be up in null sec in a flashy new alliance within a couple off weeks, its still undecided as to if we keep a foot hold in empire and use jump clones or jump bridges (wich i still dont fully understand) to move between the two or if it will be an all out move to null secm, personally im excited at the prospect of my first taste of pvp and ratting in null, i am however a little nervous about losing my ships... at the moment i have 2 battle cruisers fully fitted 1 cruiser and several frigs dotted about and am thinking about moving all bar 1 BC up to null sec if we go, sticking mainly to frigs and crusers but id like a BC there if i need a little more punch..should be an interesting couple of weeks...

5 comments:

  1. Hi, New reader here just wanted to say hello and good luck.

    I went missioning with a friend in a 'Geddon and we took on a level 4 mission. I was also in a Harby and found myself scrammed the same as you. Luckily my friend managed to snipe the offending frigs from 70km with his T2 Large lasers and I got out with 10% structure!

    I also mission in Amarr space with Hannibal Vexor, hit me up for a convo ingame if you want to team for a bit.

    Also check out my Blog.

    Mail

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice work on the Sisters Probe Launcher, good return for the LP there. Getting agressed and scrammed is all part of the game, bouncing back is where it counts. Good luck out there and in nullsec. Might want to get some punishers to learn the pvp ropes before risking BC's!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck in nullsec. I highly recommend sticking to small ships, ones you can afford to lose or your corp/alliance may replace for free until you get the hang of it and/or can afford better ships :-) in a small gang, even a t1 tackle frigate won't go astray in 0.0

    ReplyDelete
  4. ok, im sold on the small ships, i can afford to replace anything up to a cruiser without to much crying.
    mail lite whats your blogs URL ill link to it :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Http://thebeginningsofpiracy.blogspot.com

    And echoing what these guys say, don't fly what you can't afford to lose, play it safe with T1 Frigs and Cruisers.

    A 3 x 200mm Autocannon, 400mm Rolled Tungsten Plate Punisher is a mean little beast and will serve you well. I will throw a fit your way shortly and you will easily be able to solo a few PVP Rifters in it, and maybe even a fail fit PVE BC. It's been done.

    Mail

    ReplyDelete