Friday 11 June 2010

pirates 101

I have noticed over the past few weeks a LOT of people i know are very unaware of what pirate's get up to and meny ship losses could be avoided by not being a dumbass.

So here goes - most pirates are less intresseted in popping you than ransoming you, if you travel through lowsec and dont want to lose your ship and fittings make sure you have enough in your wallet to cover a ransom, if you are in a 30+ mill ship and claim to have 400k in your wallet, they will pop you on pricipal, but they would rather take the money if you make a sensible offer.

secondly, dont be a dick, many pirates try to be as nice with the whole " your money or you life!" thing as posible and if you accept it is just buisness not personal things will go better.

If you have a boat load of implants ant dont want to lose those...offer to eject from the ship if the agree not to pod, this will allow you to lose a ship without risking millions in implants.

If you have freinds a few jumps away or in the next system DONT call them in!! If they arrive they will either be killed to Or you will be popped quick and pirates will safe before you even get close.

these are just a few tips for any one on the wrong end of a pirate fight in lowsec, I am by no means an expert yet but a lot of people talking to me have no clue at all.

on a side note, I was out on another roam with The Black Rabbits again last night and mannaged to help pop a claw, i even landed the final blow :) that felt good the group also caught a bestower but I wasnt fast enough getting to it to assist in popping it, mail was to quick with his guns lol.

Unfortunatly shortly after I had a RL emergency come up wich forced me to log off fast and leave the roam. still there is always tomorrow

have fun

4 comments:

  1. \o/ Astral!

    Punctuation, good spelling and paragraphs! Woot, I must be rubbing off on you!

    That Claw kill was nice! ;-) And I popped the Bestower as we had a local spike. I was going to go for a ransom but with a couple of AF's and a Ceptor on scan... I just shot him to space dust. Hehehe

    Mail

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem is, while you may honor ransoms and agreements, many don't. It's hard to tell who is a pirate and who is just a criminal. I tend to call them both criminals because giving the benefit of the doubt usually screws you over in EVE.

    Honestly, I've never been ransomed before though. I think the most important piece of advice for someone who may or may not be attacked in the future is, "don't whine about it." If you whine about it, you'll just feel like a douche later (I know from experience). And the more you whine, the more "fun" it is for some.

    Anyway, happy trails with the new pirating thing. Sounds like you're off to a good start.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you read the guristas code of conduct it lays down very clearly all ransoms are to be honoured its a kickable offence to not honour a ransom and the minimum punishment is the ransom gets paid back (if it isnt contact a director with screenies)

    Our word is Very important

    astral are you sending out feedback forms as well?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kharn I have read the rules :) pity some pirates give us a bad name by not honoring ransoms.
    And I haven't sent any feedback forms yet as I thought the fc would be doing that, nut I can do if it's needed and will do with solo kills.

    ReplyDelete