Monday 21 February 2011

astral vs eveSOB round 2

Only 1 thing of note happened over the weekend for me.
I finally got round to another 1v1 frigate duel with eveSOB, following my last defeat I had been meaning to give him a rematch.
We both agreed on our frigates, myself in a punisher , him in a rifter, and that we would not restrict the fit, so it was a case of anything goes.
Although we agreed we could fit them, we both agreed that points wern’t needed as it wasn’t like we were gonna try to run away, which opens up another mid slot (unless you want a scram to kill a MWD).
Now I used this fight as a way to test a theory that I have had for a while I’ll share my thunkage with you…
Every one seems to think frigates need to have a prop mod, normally a AB when fighting 1v1. however I fly amarr, and they are slow as shit anyway, even with a AB, EVERYONE is faster than you. So why are we fitting one?
The idea of a AB is to allow you to dictate the range of a fight, trouble is your almost always gonna get webbed and even with a AB as I said everyone else is faster so can dictate the range, forcing you to hope the superior amaar tank holds…right..
So if a AB isn’t gonna let you dictate range what else would?

With that thought in mind my punisher fit for the duel..

High slot – Small T2 NOS
High slot – 150mm AC T2
High slot - 150mm AC T2
High slot - 150mm AC T2

Mid slot- T2 Web
Mid slot- DDO tracking disruptor with range and speed scripts

Low slot-SAR T2
Low slot-ANM
Low slot-ANM
Low slot- 200mm plate

Rig slot- trimark
Rig slot- trimark
Rig slot- poly carb engine housing

It didn’t move that fast, but it didn’t need to, my idea was he would bring a AC rifter and id cut the incoming DPS slightly with the TD, while the larger tank allowed mr to out last him while fighting at the same range thus putting out optimal DPS.

We both agreed a system to meet at for the duel and flew out can flipped 1 unit of ammo each and warped to a planet to begin the duel..
I landed at the planet first..
And then came disappointment.
SOB landed 15km away and began kiting me with artys…he had guessed he wouldn’t be able to beat me in a brawl and was being clever.
Good thing I brought the optimal range scrip too lol.
The whole of the fight was spent with with me disrupting him while he continued shooting from miles away till he ran out of ammo, as he refused to come with in range of my guns, and couldn’t hit me for toffee with his.
In the end we had to call it a draw. Both being too clever for our own good.
Still we will continue these little 1v1 match’s as they are quite fun…..wonder how many blasters could I fit on a nano punisher….

3 comments:

  1. Kind of how it went Mr Astral. Yes with the disruptor on my arty was missing far too much to make a dent. I actually did come in to web range twice. You turned it on and I simply outran it. My semi active shield tank was enough to get me out of range of the web. I also said turn off ya disruptor if you were man enough, sadly you were not. The fight would have ben all done if you did :)

    I actually got you at one point with some monkeying with "approach" and "keep at distance" to reduce tranversal to half way through that armor tank, but would have to reload before I could get you any further.

    I do agree it was horifically lame to see us counter each other a little too much.

    I do wounder if the rifter was AC fit and simply orbited at a slightly more optimal range that you. Weatehr I could still bust ya tank before you cracked mine. With out an AB on your boat, the rifter can dance in and out of your web all day :)

    I'll bring down a AC fit rifter this week and have some fun with ya. SOme one needs to pop.

    Cheers

    EVE SOB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good stuff Astral. I completely agree that the Punisher is slow enough that the AB doesn't actually help in fights. You'd usually be better served with Scram/Web once the fight's on. The AB becomes such a necessity in all the things happening before fights start though. Without one, you'd lose a lot of targets trying to get in scram range, and gate camps would become a death sentence.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds lik it was a fun fight. Better luck next time astral.
    ALso added link to your blog on mine. Honestly, thought had one up since rabbit days :-)

    Cya out there m8.

    Ceb

    ReplyDelete