Tuesday 1 February 2011

Poor choice of words.

Ok so my last little rant about people posting low sec is dead..maybe I had a poor choice of words, as I had this comment from Suleiman Shouaa

“Mate, I have to admit I am disappointed by this blogpost. You with your history in low-sec should know better then most that low-sec is not actually dead, but the general perception is that it is. In reality, its choke-full of targets if you can be bothered to look for them. If one region is empty, go to another!

Maybe you've spent too much time away from low sec?”

I gotta hold my hands up he is dead right. Low sec isn’t Dead, far from it, however I do think it could be made much better by bringing more people into lowsec. At the moment 90% of people you meet in lowsec are trying to kill you, most as part of a large fleet, what I would like to see is more “targets” for solo PVP’s to go after , mission runners explorers ect, and hence more solo/small gang PVP between PVPers in general.

So I apologise for my poor choice of words. Lowsec isn’t dead, but I feel it could be made a lot better.
…and maybe I have spent to long away from low…

3 comments:

  1. I often go through lowsec systems lately, and it can confirm that lowsec is not dead, but it is "polarized". If the system that you're in / crossing isn't empty or "dead" (inactive pilots, in station, position or afk-cloaked) you get a fleet ready to omfgbbq-insta-pop your ship. Or you get a lone pilot acting as "the innocent guy"in a belt... with a load of gangmates waiting in a neighbor system. 1v1? Surely! Only if can bring his falcon/T3/whateverpwnmobile buddy or if you're in a T1 frig and he's in his wonderful faction cruiser.
    That's not lowsec that is broken, that's the way people got used to play there

    ReplyDelete
  2. @ Will: Whilst there are regions like you describe (Lonetrek is a prime example), there are others where you can easily solo. Prime examples I can vouch for very recently are Molden Heath and Verge Vendor.

    Perhaps you should visit other low sec regions before you lump it all together?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I'm in a bad timezone because I traveled through amarr, caldari & gallente regions just to see empty systems or gangs looking for easy preys or similar fleet to engage. Yesterday evening was more eventful : jumped in sinq laison with my ruppy, warp to planet near outgate, scan clear, warp to outgate : hello Mister rapier! Oh! You brought your friends i see, Mr cynabal and Mister hurricane. Jumping in the next system will allow you to meet the rest of those nice guys : vagabonds, another rapier, canes and cynabal. Yummy! All this for my ruppy?! Jump back, launch warp to safe bookmark, overheat guns and launch drones on the pointing ship / escape just as the other guys jump in after their aggression timer finished. Change route and warp through 5/6 empty or inactive systems, rince, repeat with another gang composition and get trash in local for being for not engaging... all this for 2nd hours... boring

    tonight I'll try minmatar lowsec, maybe I'll be more lucky

    ReplyDelete