Wednesday 20 October 2010

like capsuleer...only better

Ok now capsuleer has officially gone. Its very sad. So I was thinking to myself today about trying to develop an app to replace it, in reality it wont happen as im shite at programming and have no knowlage of building apps for apple..but some of my readers might, so here is what I would like to see in a app for an I phone that I would be happy to pay for.

• Real time training tracker, much like what we had in capsuleer, see how long till training finishes on each toon
• A blog reader, ideally for all blog pack blogs, but able to add blogs you like to make it more custom, I like many blogs not in the blog pack
• A item data base for all ships mods and skills, that shows items pre-requisits, base training time and your training time based on skills/implants
• A link/parse to my ingame eve mail
• A link/parse to my in game calendar
• Optional jump planer
• Maybe a link to eve central to look up trade routes and buy/sell orders
• A link in to eve survival to view mission guides


I know that is a hell of a lot of programming but that would be one hell of an eve app. Id gladly pay through the nose for it…
Someone build it..i dare you
What functions would you like to see in mobile app?

8 comments:

  1. Greetings,

    for the real time training tracker, would a rip from EVE gate be good enough ?

    T.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Problem is, you can't charge $ for it and use the EVE API as per the API license. You can charge ISK, but apple wants 30% of all app purchases, including in-app purchases. I don't think ISK is one of their supported currencies. You can take donations of ISK, but that didn't work for capsuleer. Rock and hard place.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's called iClone, and unfortunately it is a laggy piece of s***. Capsuleer was so good because it was so simple.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe someone is developping something ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. My opinion has always been that it is better to have single apps that do things well, as opposed to one app that includes everything.

    When it comes to an RSS reader, you're better off going with something like Feeddler or netnewswire on your iPhone.

    The iClone developer is actually working on a new loght version that updates much faster.

    As for getting your mail and calendar, currently your mail is supported through the API showing the sender and subject only, and you cannot getyour in game calendar. I don't think there is even a way to pull your calendar through anything like CalDAV or as an XML.

    If you want to see just your skill queues, there is always the option if using theEVE magic widget, but it hasn't been updated in awhile and doesn't include things like the PI skills. http://eve.magicwidget.net/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The main things I'd want would be skill tracker, blog pack, and item directory. It'd be awesome if there was a skill manager where you could actually continue working with skills even if you have to be away from the computer for awhile. But it doesn't seem that'll ever be available.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Since capsuleer is gone Ive starter using mobileRSS for reading the blogpack and to be honest I like it much better than Capsuleers headlines feature. Ot is much easier to follow links etc and I can subscribe to whatever I want.
    When it comes to what I want in an Eve app iClone is anything bur fast enough. If there was an app that would let me see my skill queue in realtime and check my wallet without updating for 2 mins Id be more than happy.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I use river of news on my ipad for reading EVE news (and a whole lot more) and yeah its better than capsuleer was. If any new client were developed, id suggest that feature not be included in it, cause there are so many other options.

    ReplyDelete