Friday 21 January 2011

arbitrators.

Back in the day…
I hadn’t been playing more than a few days, I was just graduating from frigates in my first corp..i was greener than green and I didn’t understand amarr ships. I asked in the local corp channel “whats the best amarr cruiser? I was looking at an arbitrator”. I was told then the arbitrator was a crap boat and to save my isk and go for a mauller.
In retrospect that call was probably the correct one however the statement that arbitrators were “crap” was so very wrong.
I recently have got into flying cruisers again tho for very different reasons, and find them the ideal mix of speed and power for lowsec when I’m solo. And the arbitrator has become my go to option for everything from exploration to PVP. With Amarr cruiser to V and the right support skills it is one of the most versatile cruisers in the game, and id like to pass on to newer amarr players a little wisdom it took me too long to learn.
First off, the arbitrator can be used as a mission boat, in much the same way a vexor can it just needs a good tank and some drone skills and will walk all over lvl 1 and 2 missions , with good skills and some kiting you can also do most lvl 3 mission’s, however that isn’t where this boat shines..
Exploration and solo lowsec PVP are what this ship were build for.
First up exploration..

High slot - “Arablast” Assault launcher
High slot – salvager 1
High slot – Medium NOS(t2 or best named)
High slot – Medium nuet (t2 or best named)

Mid slot- analyzer 1
Mid slot- code breaker 1
Mid slot- AB (t2 or best named)
Mid slot- tracking disruptor (t2 or best named) keep both range and speed scripts in the hold


Low slot- MAR t2
Low slot- 200mm plate
Low slot- EANM
Low slot- DC2

Drones 5 x warrior 2s
5 x hobgoblins 2s
5 x valkire 2s
ECM drones optional

Rig to taste, my preference is to rig for speed

This is my cookie cutter exploration boat, it will do mag or radar sites very easy, its quite cheap to put together and easy to keep alive. It relies on keeping range while letting the drones eat any rats, any damage seeping through can be soaked up by the repper and normally eliminated with the disruptor, in the event of a really tough rat or being found by a solo player ship..you can normally nuet them and run or if you carry ECM drones sic a few on them and leave.

Now my PVP fit, this is designed to fight solo, and to take on anything up to a battlecruiser tho I have yet to test it against one

High slot - “Arablast” Assault launcher
High slot – Cloak (can also be a medium pulse for added DPS)
High slot – Medium NOS(t2 or best named)
High slot – Medium nuet (t2 or best named)

Mid slot- x5 Web
Mid slot- T2 scram
Mid slot- tracking disruptor (t2 or best named) keep both range and speed scripts in the hold
Mid slot- tracking disruptor (t2 or best named) keep both range and speed scripts in the hold


Low slot- MAR t2
Low slot- 200mm plate ( 400 if you have the powergrid to fit it)
Low slot- EANM
Low slot- DC2

Drones 5 x warrior 2s
5 x hobgoblins 2s
5 x valkire 2s
ECM drones

Rig to taste, my preference is to rig for speed

Ok Here is the thinking behind this puppie, load 1 disruptor with range and one with speed scripts, so you can decide what’s needed fast. You will be looking to kill solo targets only (or maybe 2 frigs). You wont need a AB as the idea is to force them close, if anyone trys to kite you put both disruptors with range scripts on them and sic the drones on them, if they are smart they will run, if not they come closer..
Once you have some one in close..switch both disruptors to tracking speed..web scram + nuet get in to a tight fast orbit and let the drones eat them, also pepper them with missiles that use a DIFFERENT damage type to your drones (make it hard to resist tank). If you start running low on cap switch to the NOS to give you a little longer.

Obviously use drone appropriate to the the size of the of target.. the combination of nuet and disruptor will cause most common PVP fits to crumble however missile chuckers will be where you have trouble, try to avoid anything big that uses missiles, frigs should be fine as the nuet will help them die before the missiles become a problem. Anything using turrets will have trouble hitting you and if it is active tanked it will go down fast , and wont be able to do a damn thing about your drones with the disruptors on them

Enjoy your weekend guys

5 comments:

  1. I like your lowsec exploration fit, but honestly the pvp fit is p.bad, cloak? I like the thought of two TD's but you really need a speedmod on this ship. Especially if you are going to get in close and try to avoid damage. I like the 1600mm plate version, though I now usually swap the t2 MWD down to either a 10mn AB t2 or a Y-t8 MWD.

    [Arbitrator, PvP - MWD + 1600]
    Damage Control II
    Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
    Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
    1600mm Reinforced Rolled Tungsten Plates I

    10MN MicroWarpdrive II
    Warp Scrambler II
    Stasis Webifier II
    Tracking Disruptor II, Tracking Speed Disruption

    Medium Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
    Medium Pulse Laser II, Scorch S
    Small Energy Neutralizer II
    Small Energy Neutralizer II

    Medium Trimark Armor Pump I
    Medium Trimark Armor Pump I
    Medium Trimark Armor Pump I

    Hammerhead II, x5
    Vespa EC-600, x5
    Warrior II, x10

    ReplyDelete
  2. its maller, not mauller...
    your pvp fit is just horrible, you just showed yet again what big noob you are

    ReplyDelete
  3. If you want some real fun, ingest some Standard Exile and give this a whirl:

    [Arbitrator, RepMeBaby]
    Medium Armor Repairer II
    Medium Armor Repairer II
    Energized Adaptive Nano Membrane II
    Damage Control II

    Y-T8 Overcharged Hydrocarbon I Microwarpdrive
    Medium F-RX Prototype I Capacitor Boost, Cap Booster 800
    J5b Phased Prototype Warp Scrambler I
    X5 Prototype I Engine Enervator

    Medium Pulse Laser II, Multifrequency S
    E5 Prototype Energy Vampire
    E5 Prototype Energy Vampire
    Medium Pulse Laser II, Multifrequency S

    Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
    Medium Auxiliary Nano Pump I
    Medium Nanobot Accelerator I


    Warrior II x5
    Valkyrie II x5
    Hornet EC-300 x5
    Hammerhead II x5

    That's fun right there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. astral, dont give advice, if you dont have a clue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the anomynous comments...

    Must get around to copying these fits down... I will use them!

    Is the PVE one any decent in lower class WHs? IE.. C1s etc

    ReplyDelete