Friday 21 January 2011

A question for you all

Good morning happy people, today I have a question for the eve community..I am looking for opinion’s.
As most of you that read the blog know, I am running a lot of LVL 4s in between my odd lowsec adventures for the purposes of isk generation and raising my security status so I may travel semi freely through empire.
At current I am able to field a T2 fit battleship (I’m using a Apoc to keep costs down at the moment) and can solo *most* lvl 4s with out too much trouble.
My question is, would a command ship be a better option? I am not far off being able to fly a Damnation (HAM fit) and not that much further off flying a Absolution.
I’m liking the idea of a faster ship that is more nimble, but would the tank on the command ships be up to the incoming DPS from lvl 4s? the higher base resists make me think they should but does anyone use them that could advise me, Im only really interested in Amarr ships as training for any others at the moment would seem a waste.
I often start the lvl 4s solo, however I tend to have people gravitate towards me, so I normally wind up in a small fleet by the end of the night. But I need a ship that can SOLO them easy.
I did consider training a marauder but now with the noctis I won on somer blink I don’t see the point, salvaging is quite fast and painless.

Comments very welcome..

Ps…
Its my 30th birthday nex Tuesday (25th) for those that know me, I will be online celebrating at some stage that day (Also any one that wants to send me a birthday gift…I like exotic dancers and expensive ships lol.)

6 comments:

  1. I use a Nightmare for lvl 4's (although I don't run them anymore - switched to lvl 5's and now making billions!). Sheer dps from it meaning you finish them very quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wasn't happy with either the dps or the defence profile of the Nighthawk, even with pretty good skills and went back to a Navy Raven till I had the skills for a well-fit golem. That might just be my playstyle or a quirk of the the caldari ships...I have no experience on the other races at all. You might do well re-considering the marauder....other than the up-front cost, I've been really happy with the golem. Tank is essentially bottomless, dps is good. If the mission cries out for some speed, I'll swap out a shield boost amp for a propulsion mod. Every now and then I'll run the Nighthawk for variety, but tend to swap back in the golem pretty quick. All that said, I'm sure a lot of people wouldn't be willing to risk a 1b ship running missions in lowsec so there's that to consider as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Command Ships are very capable of running Lvl4 missions. If your missile skills are better than your gunnery skills I would go with the Damnation and vice versa.
    The Paladin is probably the best amarr mission runner, even when not considering the tractor beam bonus. So if you really want to pursue lvl4 missions this should be your goal.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am currently flying L4s in an Absolution: as I have fitted her towards more damage, I have to be a bit careful about aggression management. BS-sized NPCs I can usually hold off with resistance and speed tanking, hordes of smaller NPCs sometimes require me to warp out.

    I don't know if using a CS allows me to finish the missions faster than in a BS, but personally I find it more interesting this way. If want afk-L4s, I fly couriers (great for making dinner in parallel).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there!
    First of all, Love the blog :)

    Now, I've just moved from my fairly standard mission-running apoc. The reason I did the change was because I wanted to try something new and my command ship skill finally finished :) So now I'm flying an Absolution. I haven't had any problems at all in any level 4s. I've fitted it with a tank of around 380dps (against Blood Raiders) and it can put out around 450dps with IM Radio at 60km.

    I was using Pulse Lasers before but the range of Beams really does help when you're trying to hit things that are far away.

    As Druur Monakh said, I really don't know if my absolution does missions faster than my apoc, but I just like looking at my abso :P

    Cheers

    Lord Castle

    ReplyDelete
  6. I run level 4s in a Drake. The tank is not the issue with command ships its the DPS. running L4s in a Command ship will take longer than doing it in a battleship simply because you're not putting out as much damage. The best returns come from running them in a high DPS battleship as this lets you run through them quicker and make more ISK/hr.

    ReplyDelete