Friday 10 September 2010

bloody pirates.

Bloody pirates! lol.
Went out last, again grinding my sec status, and for want of a better term got shafted. First loss was due to some skilled scanner use on the part of my attacker, he landed right on top of me at a belt and unleashed his drones before I could burn out of point range, I congratulated him on a nice kill and went back to reship.
Took another rifter out, got 4 gates out and was stalked and killed by a gifted pilot in a Hic, wasn’t going well for me.
Next I tried my arbitrator, went well for several systems until I ran in to a very large well equipped gate camp that decided to pop then pod me…bit of a crap night for me really lol.
It Was only cheap ships and was all good fun but it took away time from the very important business of killing rats.
Trouble is that lone ratting is exactly the sort of activity pirates like to prey on, and the fact I have to keep moving systems to keep getting sec status makes me very vulnerable to well organised gate camps. I’m not complaining, its part of low sec, but makes life much more difficult. As a result I will only be flying rifters in lowsec for now and the only T2 gear on them will be the guns.
I have decided with astral I am going to get him the fast talk skill ASAP then switch skill training over to Vespa for a while, I’m hoping the fast talk will improve the sec status faster but its still gonna take a while, and while its going on Vespa will become my main, I will try to use her industrial skills to make a ton of money and just do half hour or an hours ratting when I get on now and then with astral. He will return to high sec when he can.
We also got our first new member to Btek last night, a vet trader player moving from a one man corp to us for a little more company, I’m hoping he will be the first of many to join us and help make Btek great again.

I have decided at the end of each post now to give you a update of astrals sec status so you can see how he is progressing..

Astral = -9.38

07

6 comments:

  1. LOL! It's funny how it can be when the shoe is on the other foot and being stuffed up ones ass. That's EVE mate. A strange blend of cause and effect.

    Good luck with the new life.

    EVE SOB

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's something that I am not looking forward to some day... Good luck with your new ventures.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I suggest going to 0.0 and using a stealth bomber. Fit an MWD and a med shield extender, target painter or two and dps. MWD is for escaping bubbles or burning back to gate. Bounce from system to system, killing 1 BS rat in each. Will go much faster, trust me, gone from -10 to -2 a couple of times.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Not too fun when your on the receiving end eh? I jest, I know you pirates prey on each other as much as carebears.

    Good luck with the new direction you're taking.

    HM

    P.S Just a thought (and you've probably thought of it too), you could always do some solo pvp every so often, outlaw hunting etc.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, another idea... If you even care to hear it.

    First, gaining sec status in low sec is no comparison as to how fast you can gain it in 0.0. You have already made this observation I believe, but here is what I did.

    I have raised my k0ld character from -7 (short stint with Atrocitas if I recall correctly) to +0.1 by joining a 0.0 alliance that was between wars and in relative peace. They didn't have CTAs that often, so I was not joining ops as soon as I logged in and had plenty of time for the grind.

    Perhaps, someone reading your blog can get you into their alliance as a short term safe-haven so that you can grind faster and safer.

    Good luck! I find this recent change to your blogging VERY fun to read. It is bringing out the "human" behind the once cold and ruthless pirate.
    Cheers!
    Blue Fleye

    ReplyDelete
  6. Finished Fast Talk IV yesterday, oh boy that's important :)

    ReplyDelete