Friday 17 September 2010

quiet night cearbearing..here's a fun game.

Today I have been thinking about how to amuse my inner pirate once I’m allowed back in highsec and came up with a game I intend to play when I’m bored..I call it “omgwtf can flipping”
The basic idea is to take a recon ship, in my case a pilgrim, out mining with a few noobs that don’t have an orca…except here is the twist they mine into MY jet can while I sit cloaked a few km away, but still in point range.…
Mr cock sure can flipper comes in, and I commonly see rifters and such used for this, and flip the can..however instead of giving the defenceless miners the right to attack..it gives Me the right to attack lol. I would then decloak web, scram and nuet him into oblivion.
It would be fun to see if he would then cry in local or accept it as a occupational risk?
Couldn’t do it too often but as little fun could be good.
I encourage all of you to think up new and ever more creative ways to give people that “omgwtf” feeling we all know and love lol.

2 comments:

  1. tbh, if you derive amusement from ganking a rifter in a recon you should probably go kill yourself, or mine...

    also, I hope the rifter shits on you

    ReplyDelete
  2. As someone a fair bit of canflip experience, I'll let ya know what I've observed:

    People can NOT put ore into a can that you own. They can steal that can but not add to it. If you want to uses recon to stalk a can awaiting flipping, you could flip someone elses can in a shuttle, bookmark and return covertly to see if the victim can resist the urge to steal their ore back (this only gets u Indy kills most often... an occasional moron in their barge/hulk will bite).

    My preferred method is to roam several systems in a covops, identify large jetcan ops and make bookmarks, and flip in a shuttle or retriever. Many many times the angry miners will shoot you, allowing you to get that gank ship out. To improve the rate of kills, I land my orca alt and hotswap for an AF or tengu to kill the foolish miner. Even without an orca, you can often get aggro, reship and kill the aggressor. The other bonus of an orca is that I end up stealing more ore in a night than I could mine on my own!

    The other trick ive seen a lot of in amarr is to jet mine in an arbitrator fit to kill and leave the can till someone is dumb enough to steal. Then you decide if you can kill the guy, or perhaps have some friends cloaked nearby to kill the thief.

    All in good fun, every now and then you'll kill an orca (bagged 3 this summer), multiple hulks and other goodies. The best is when they warp off to get a 'pvp' ship, allowing you to have some fun fights and rack up various cruiser and BC kills. Enjoy!

    Mustarde

    ReplyDelete