Wednesday 22 September 2010

Incursion -my take.

So. Incursion, our new winter expansion..sounds like fun :)

The info we have so far is as follows:
EVE Online®: Incursion will also include many improvements as suggested by the Council of Stellar Management, as well as hardware upgrades, software improvements and new cluster components aimed at increasing game and fleet battle performance to even higher levels.
Further improvements include updating the character creator with CCP's Carbon character technology for fresh pilot portraits, a Sansha Mothership, Fighterbomber, the Noctis salvaging vessel, improvements to NPCs and their AI, new coveted loot and rewards, storyline events, amazing new visuals and a more dynamic and simplified system for Planetary Interaction.
EVE Gate, the web-based social networking platform for pilots, sees improvements and additions such as new forums which underline the importance of organizational and communication tools in the virtual world. The expansion enhances the power of individual choice in the context of meaningful relationships with other players - EVE's true strength - as highlighted in the Causality trailer and the classic Butterfly Effect trailer.
"Incursion marks a point where our PVE experience moves towards the co-operative roots of EVE and the largest introduction of our Carbon Technology platform to date. Never before have so many players and developers contributed to EVE's living universe", says Sr. Producer Arnar Gylfason.
____________
Now my take on the above.

Improvements in cluster components – should be good faster load times and less lag, but not all that significant in the grand scheme of things, I expect these sort of improvments to go along with EVERY expansion to improve performance as eve evolves.

Updating character portraits with carbon tech thingy..bit that worry’s me here is the “for fresh pilot portraits” which I read as on new toons only. Perhaps it will auto update existing portraits, I will be disappointed if this is the case as I wanted to fine tune astrals looks.

Sansha mother ship’s , cant fly them…probably wont make a lot of difference to me, but I bet they will look cool, same for fighterbombers …makes no odds to me, but im sure a cap ship pilot somewhere has a hard on.

The Noctis salvage ship, looks cool may buy one for salvaging my lvl 4s if they are a reasonable price, would think they will see the most use in W space but time will tell, people will discover creative uses for this ship.

Improved AI for NPC’s…I reserve judgement on this, however I half expect rats to do random things like scram each other or start shooting random objects.
What I would prefer is to redo NPC ewar so I can’t be jammed from 10000000000km out!

Coveted loot and rewards…yes please, give to me and save me stealing them lol.
As for the incursions of the “feared” sansha. Lol, I will likely join some of the open fleets for some fun (assuming I can get astral near them) however if they are in lowsec or null I can see every PVP pilot thinking it’s a shooting gallery, and all carebear’s thinking it’s a mass TARP! So im hoping a good deal of this will be in high sec. even then joining any open fleet is asking to get ganked so fly something cheap people.

Till then …back to the endless ratting.

2 comments:

  1. The character creator is going to be for everyone, by 'Fresh Pilot Portraits' they mean you can freshen yours up. They said that they are going to roll out the new char creator before the launch of the expansion to cut down on server load.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least it feels like we are getting something decent in the update, it seemed like this would be a non-event back in the Summer. So at least we have something to look forward to.

    ReplyDelete