Friday 27 August 2010

broke ass pirate

The trouble with pirating is isk. And my lack of it.

I make isk from ransoms and looting wreaks of my kills, however, that is a unstable income, and while it has its moments of dropping a 100 mill in your lap, often it drops a lot less.

I have up to this point been using Vespa as a miner and a trader to keep myself afloat, this has worked to some extent but the cost of the ships and modules I will be needing soon will far outstrip her meagre earnings. Mining in corp a few nights a month for 30-50 mill doesn’t cover the cost of 1 fitted harbinger. It barly covers the cost of a new vengeance.
And mining solo to make the ships sucks ass unless you can duel box with an orca helping..and I cant.
That means I am going to have to take vespa back to where astral began, mission running.
I will still spend a few nights a month mining with the corp, I enjoy it now and again, and it helps with our cap building progects and to be honest is easy money. However now alongside full time pirating I will spend a night or two a week running missions…very dull but needed.
The real pain with it is I will need to develop vespa’s combat skills to a point she can solo lvl 4’s in a drake…which means taking training time away from astral.
It’s a real pain in the ass only running 1 account.
I will be for the next month or two building her skills in caldari ships up to a heavy missile pve drake, and intend to work for boundless creations for data core harvesting and probably republic feet out near ren’s.
The upside is once here skills are there I may try a few low level worm hole ops if I can get a white rabbit fleet together, and will also have a ratting capable pilot if the whites move back to 0.0.

Will hold up my plans for astral a bit but no point having the skills if I cant afford the damn ships.

Please shoot someone for me, It will keep the balance going.

On the upside it will give me another side project through the quiet months.

4 comments:

  1. If you're pirating you're in low-sec right? Why not mission in low-sec with your main? If you can get combat missions it shouldn't detract from your skill plan and you've got the extra benefit of being in system in case any "targets of opportunity" happen by.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's always exploration.... I make at least 30-50 every couple nights for only about 2 hours of work each time. I only do radar sites. In an average week I can make like 100m isk if I'm doing well.

    Scanning is boring but in my opinion it's less boring than mining....

    ReplyDelete
  3. @ thesilentbaa

    That is a really good idea. What ship to use, maybe an ishtar? Curse? Stealth Bomber? Anyone else have thoughts on that?

    ReplyDelete